2021 Blues Cruisin' Lunch on the Delaware !!CANCELLED!!
We are saddened and disappointed that we will need to cancel the 2021 Blues Cruisin Lunch scheduled for October 9. When we decided to proceed with the 2021 cruise back in the summer, the number of daily Covid cases were still declining and the Delta variant wasnt as dominant. Unfortunately, daily cases started to rise shortly after we announced the cruise and continue to rise. As a result, ticket sales have been significantly lower than any of our past cruises. From our point of view, this is very understandable as, given the current Covid situation, anyone would have concerns about attending what is essentially an indoor event with a lot of people. Even with the mask requirement, people would be unmasked and in close proximity for long periods of time while they are eating and drinking. Given where tickets sales are at this point, even if there was an unexpected surge of purchases in the next few weeks, we dont reasonably expect that they would reach anywhere near the level to make the cruise financially viable. We were looking forward to a great show with such a stellar lineup, but given meager ticket sales and understandable safety concerns, we decided to cancel.
The Blues Collaborative is proud to sponsor its 6th annual Blues Cruisin' Lunch aboard the beautiful Spirit of Philadelphia. Departing from Penn's Landing in Philadelphia, you'll be entertained by the Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue made up of some of the area's finest Blues performers while enjoying a gourmet luncheon buffet.
You'll cruise the Delaware River with views of the Philadelphia skyline, the Walt Whitman Bridge, the Ben Franklin Bridge, and the USS New Jersey. The Blues Cruisin' Lunch takes place on October 9, 2021.
Tickets include the following:
The Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue house band is made up of performers from many of the top Blues bands in the Philadelphia region. This year's phenomenal headliners are:
- Admission to board the Spirit of Philadelphia;
- Live music by the Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue;
- A delicious gourmet lunch; and
- An open bar for beer, wine & soft drinks with a cash bar for mixed drinks.
- Vanessa Collier is winner of the Blues Music Award for "Horn Player of the Year" in 2019 and 2020 and is a 7 time Blues Music Award nominee. If you havent been fortunate enough to meet Vanessa and witness one of her head-turning, fiery, and passionate performances, this is the perfect opportunity to do so! As a master musician, multi-instrumentalist and songwriter, Vanessa Collier, weaves funk, soul, rock, and blues into every powerful performance and she is downright impressive. With soulful vocals, searing saxophone, and witty songwriting, Vanessa is blazing a trail, racking up an impressive arsenal of honours, and has already singled herself out as an artist of distinction and one we would all do well to watch. This will be a powerful and entertaining performance you won't want to miss!
- Roger Girke is a road tested guitarist, singer and writer with a career including over 4,500 live shows, concerts and festivals and numerous recording sessions and releases.Roger's career began performing in rock bands in the eastern PA/NJ area, eventually joining the legendary Philadelphia area roots rock band Pickins (Capitol/Ariola), followed by many years of touring and recording with Sharks (Elektra), Robert Hazard (RCA), and many other notable artists. Since 2000 roger has released 5 CD's with his band and has regularly performed at blues festivals, clubs and concerts throughout the Mid-Atlantic. In that time he has also recorded and performed with Gary Allegretto (Los Angeles, CA), Sam Cockrell (Chicago, IL), Jimmy Pritchard (DE) and Peter Veteska and Blues Train (NJ). The Roger Girke Band was a top 10 finalist in the 2009 International Blues Challenge as well as receiving two time top tier CD finalist awards in 2005 and 2009.
In this time of Covid, City Cruises follows the guidelines of the CDC and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Click Here for more information regarding their "Safecruise" initiative. Additionally, the number of tickets sold will be limited to 75% of the normal capacity. So get your tickets soon before they're gone!
The ship will begin boarding at 11:30am and leave the dock promptly at 12:30pm, returning to the dock at 2:30pm. The music will continue aboard the ship for another half hour until 3:00pm when passengers must disembark. During the half hour at dockside, the bar will remain open but will convert to a cash bar for beer & wine.
Click Here for a complete schedule of events.
Click Here for complete HD video from the 2019 Blues Cruisin' Lunch.
TICKET SALES WILL END AT NOON ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2021!!
TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE GATE!!
*As active military, you can provide any one of the following at check-in: Military ID, Military-issued email, Military paystub, Military enlistment DD Form 4 or SCRA Status Report.
The Spirit of Philadelphia (View)
401 S. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|